Harpeah: The Beginning
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Harpeah: The Beginning

Game information located at: http://clans.harpeah.com/

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Exploring the Light Temple (Christmas Downtime)

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Storyteller
Admin
Storyteller

Exploring the Light Temple (Christmas Downtime) Empty
PostSubject: Exploring the Light Temple (Christmas Downtime)   Exploring the Light Temple (Christmas Downtime) Icon_minitimeTue Dec 23, 2008 3:56 pm

The Forests of Sorrow were dark, and oppressing for those who didn't have the natural ability to light. Like streams of sunlight filtering through the trees, unicorns and other spirits of light moved through the forest like wisps of dream. In the Middle of the forest of Sorrows there is a small villiage that serves as the hub for all activity. The scouts and warriors patrol the forest, but it is the village, sheltered from the harsh weather by the very trees that make their homes, they live in peace and harmony with their surrondings.

The Diana's traditional home is at the center of the village, so that all my find her in an emergency. Near it however, are the elder's houses and then beyond them, the houses and workshops of those who would make their living with them and the forests.

The alter of the moon was to the south of the village, not far, by any means, a good hour of walking, but nothing big. It's rumored that in it's time, when a world-walker served the clan of Light, that the portals could open from the alter itself.. But the Alter now stands for more a spiritual center to those who would follow the way of Light.

Exploring the Light Temple (Christmas Downtime) Light_11

Inscribed on the floor is an ancient rune:
Exploring the Light Temple (Christmas Downtime) Lights11
Back to top Go down
http://clans.harpeah.com
chaos' apprentice

chaos' apprentice

PostSubject: Hesper frees herself from everything before bed, after the earth temple   Exploring the Light Temple (Christmas Downtime) Icon_minitimeTue Dec 23, 2008 4:32 pm

:: Hesper frees herself from everything and everyone, leaving Kael'thas in safe hands, and then invisi flies to the Light temple, landing in the clearing near the temple, turning human and then goes out of invisible. she goes to the center, sits, crossing her legs indian style, and calming herself. it wouldn't do to be an emotional wreck. Once centered, she creates a ball of light, and with her Glow, she channels it into the symbol, her ancient bow laying on the symbol with her::
Back to top Go down
Storyteller
Admin
Storyteller

PostSubject: Re: Exploring the Light Temple (Christmas Downtime)   Exploring the Light Temple (Christmas Downtime) Icon_minitimeTue Dec 23, 2008 4:36 pm

With silver hair that twinkled in the light and reflected tiny rainbows and completely black eyes with the black raven's wings, Haldis appeared over the temple, landing lightly on to the edge of the symbol. "You came alone... Both brave and foolish, Hesper..." She folded her wings behind her back, keeping her hands free at her sides, but obviously not gripping anything.
Back to top Go down
chaos' apprentice

chaos' apprentice

PostSubject: Re: Exploring the Light Temple (Christmas Downtime)   Exploring the Light Temple (Christmas Downtime) Icon_minitimeTue Dec 23, 2008 4:39 pm

:: she nods and stands, looking at her Calmly:: How may I help you Haldis? :: her eyes are sad and tired:: I have no wish to fight you. I'm sure you know that.
Back to top Go down
Storyteller
Admin
Storyteller

PostSubject: Re: Exploring the Light Temple (Christmas Downtime)   Exploring the Light Temple (Christmas Downtime) Icon_minitimeTue Dec 23, 2008 4:42 pm

"Then Perhaps this will surprise you that I also have no desire to spill blood on the temple grounds. Both for your daughter's sake as well as His." She tossed her chin and turned her sightless eyes beyond her to the temple floor. "However, you summoned the guardian of the Seal... And as the guardian I am required to offer you a challenge." She paused, sighing heavily. "though I would of hoped you would of trusted your friends enough to share the burden with them..."
Back to top Go down
chaos' apprentice

chaos' apprentice

PostSubject: Re: Exploring the Light Temple (Christmas Downtime)   Exploring the Light Temple (Christmas Downtime) Icon_minitimeTue Dec 23, 2008 4:52 pm

We all have our own burdens. I will not violate the sacred laws unless I have no other choice, and will let no one defile this temple. Whether on accident or purpose.

:: she looks sadder::

I am Diana. If I am truely ment to have the knowledge that lays inside, then I must earn it, and the respect of those who are counting on me. Including Harpeah.
I know the power was once mine. I believe enough in myself, the land and our people. It's time I showed what I am truely capable of.

:: she picks up her bow and puts it onto her back, squares her shoulders and stands tall and proud::

I await for your instructions, guardian.

:: there is no disrespect only resignment to put her faith into the land that's been crying for people to listen. she only hoped it would find her worthy in this life::
Back to top Go down
Storyteller
Admin
Storyteller

PostSubject: Re: Exploring the Light Temple (Christmas Downtime)   Exploring the Light Temple (Christmas Downtime) Icon_minitimeTue Dec 23, 2008 4:58 pm

Haldis.. changed... only in the eyes as they bled to green and hazel.. "Ah Hesper.. Kc.. I would spare you this if I could.."

Then again, she changed, the eyes darkening, the slight posture, more haunty.. more.. voletta- the woman nyx killed. "For then the test, to seek the worthiness of what you once created that lead us to ruin because of your blind faith in My heart who is torn asaunder, the test has begun." She motioned, a cutting thing with her hand, and a jewel, yellow-orange in color appeared in her hands. Half of the gem is missing however, the the half that is there is dull, lifeless. "Half is the Diana's to Claim... for the Children of the Sun and Moon run different paths. Your Half will only sparkle with the power and knowledge once your test is over."

She turned on her heel, crouching to rise to the air once more...
Back to top Go down
chaos' apprentice

chaos' apprentice

PostSubject: Re: Exploring the Light Temple (Christmas Downtime)   Exploring the Light Temple (Christmas Downtime) Icon_minitimeTue Dec 23, 2008 5:09 pm

I know my friend. I miss you too. And I will always believe in you. Even if I think you're wrong or right.

For you will always be a sister, "my" sister.

:: she smiles warmly, blinking back the tears in her eyes::

But you once said, I was a bringer of change. No matter how slight. Let's hope, my old Oracle friend, that you are right. And we can bring peace to Harpeah once more.

:: she moves slowly off the seal:: I am ready.
Back to top Go down
Storyteller
Admin
Storyteller

PostSubject: Re: Exploring the Light Temple (Christmas Downtime)   Exploring the Light Temple (Christmas Downtime) Icon_minitimeTue Dec 23, 2008 6:16 pm

Haldis kept her back to Hesper as she took to the sky.. though it might of said there was a droplet of moisture where she stood, if it was there it evaporated before any could really take note.

The forest was silent for a moment or two more, as if the world was holding it's breath before exhaling..

Out of the forest stepped a Unicorn, that shifted down to a person, a young girl with long white hair and new-cream colored skin. The only mark of her horn was a starburst. "..Diana.. I don't mean to intrude.. I was merely coming to offer my prayers..." She hesitated a moment longer before stepping into the clearing. "If we had known you had come home, we would of prepared a proper welcome for you." It was slow, but the name of the unicorn drifted into Hespers present life through all the past. Her name was Una.
Back to top Go down
chaos' apprentice

chaos' apprentice

PostSubject: Re: Exploring the Light Temple (Christmas Downtime)   Exploring the Light Temple (Christmas Downtime) Icon_minitimeTue Dec 23, 2008 11:19 pm

:: before Una could step into the clearing, Hesper puts the necklace/pendant into the pouch that is hanging around her neck::

:: Hesper smiles warmly at the girl she tries hard to hide the sorrow in her eyes::

Hello Una. I'm here to offer my own prayers. But thank you.

:: after a moment::
Would you care to join me?

:: Hesper motions to the alter as she moves to take her proper place at the alter:: Let's not bother the others for now. I'm sure they're busy. Alright?
Back to top Go down
Storyteller
Admin
Storyteller

PostSubject: Re: Exploring the Light Temple (Christmas Downtime)   Exploring the Light Temple (Christmas Downtime) Icon_minitimeWed Dec 24, 2008 12:07 am

"I...I.. would be most honored, Diana..." She skittered closer to Hesper, quickly bowing her head toward the symbol and murmuring a brief, but pointed prayer for blessings on her sister and her new baby...
Back to top Go down
chaos' apprentice

chaos' apprentice

PostSubject: Re: Exploring the Light Temple (Christmas Downtime)   Exploring the Light Temple (Christmas Downtime) Icon_minitimeWed Dec 24, 2008 12:59 am

:: she will say her own prayer for her sister and the new baby as well, then she walks towards Una and places her hand gently on her head and says a blessing for Una and her family as well. once the prayer was done, she raises her voice in song and prayer::

:: once done, she'll look at the girl, now feeling a bit better. she sits down:: Care to join me? :: she motions for her to sit down and join her:: Tell me a little bit about yourself, won't you?
Back to top Go down
Storyteller
Admin
Storyteller

PostSubject: Re: Exploring the Light Temple (Christmas Downtime)   Exploring the Light Temple (Christmas Downtime) Icon_minitimeWed Dec 24, 2008 1:16 am

The blush that stained her cheeks was crimson and added a lot of color to her pallor. "I would be most honored, Diana..." She settled cross legged near Hesper. "There is not much to tell, I am the youngest of three daughters.. My mother is a guardian of the forest and my father works at the Tower of Solaris with my big brother. My eldest sister is having her first and my mother sends one of us here every day to pray for her well being.." She was babbling, like a brook over a bunch of rocks and just as quickly... She had hero-worship screaming from 'every' pore of her body and posture of her body.
Back to top Go down
chaos' apprentice

chaos' apprentice

PostSubject: Re: Exploring the Light Temple (Christmas Downtime)   Exploring the Light Temple (Christmas Downtime) Icon_minitimeWed Dec 24, 2008 1:32 am

:: she lets the girl talk for an hour and then stands:: I wish you and your family all the happiness in the world, and I'm sure that there are things that need to be done. I know I have a lot of things.

Won't your family worry about you being gone so long? :: Hesper looks like a worried mother herself at the moment, her silver scales shining in the light:: I will continue to pray for you and your family, and the joyous news of the little one on it's way.
Back to top Go down
Storyteller
Admin
Storyteller

PostSubject: Re: Exploring the Light Temple (Christmas Downtime)   Exploring the Light Temple (Christmas Downtime) Icon_minitimeWed Dec 24, 2008 1:34 am

She bolted to her feet, bowing hastily to her Diana. "of course! I.. Umm.. Forgive me!" She took off, transforming mid step to a unicorn and dancing through the trees..

(Exit stage right!)
Back to top Go down
chaos' apprentice

chaos' apprentice

PostSubject: Re: Exploring the Light Temple (Christmas Downtime)   Exploring the Light Temple (Christmas Downtime) Icon_minitimeWed Dec 24, 2008 9:49 am

:: she smiles warmly traces of the sadness within, still there, she turns her eyes to the sky and places herself in the center of the temple again, she pulls out the necklace and looks at it wondering what to do::

(since KC isn't sure if she saw Haldis with the other half of the gem or not, or what happened to it, aka dissappeared or she had it in her hand. i'm at a loss)

:: remembering what happened with the earth temple, she removes an arrow from her quiver, kneels and puts the stone around her neck before she cuts her hand to drop blood onto the seal, hoping she made the right choice, cause blood wouldn't have been her idea of how to open a Light temple door, but... EH, she didn't make this place. if nothing else she could always wash it off to remove the traces, later if need be::

By Harpeah and as the sucessor of the first Diana, allow me to become complete and undo that which has harmed our land.
Back to top Go down
Storyteller
Admin
Storyteller

PostSubject: Re: Exploring the Light Temple (Christmas Downtime)   Exploring the Light Temple (Christmas Downtime) Icon_minitimeWed Dec 24, 2008 11:48 am

((OOC Clarification:

The other half of the gem was never seen. It didn't mysteriously pop out, the setting is for the whole gem, but only half if it is in fact there. Haldis has it, or doesn't have it.. Hesper didn't see it (so it'd be on her intuition..)

OOC Setting:

When the blood drips onto the seal it flickers with light before fading again.
))
Back to top Go down
chaos' apprentice

chaos' apprentice

PostSubject: Re: Exploring the Light Temple (Christmas Downtime)   Exploring the Light Temple (Christmas Downtime) Icon_minitimeWed Dec 24, 2008 12:10 pm

:: with a deep sigh she opens the wound more to allow more blood to flow, allowing the blood to cover more of the seal, as she focuses her Light into her blood infusing both together. Wow this hurt. thank God for healers like Kael'thas. lets just hope the bandages will work until she can get to him later. faith and trust have always been her motto, and it was time to test it::
Back to top Go down
Cuan

Cuan

PostSubject: Re: Exploring the Light Temple (Christmas Downtime)   Exploring the Light Temple (Christmas Downtime) Icon_minitimeWed Dec 24, 2008 12:12 pm

::Sniffing the air Cuan is looking for Hespers' scent:: Then will follow it to where she is::
Back to top Go down
Storyteller
Admin
Storyteller

PostSubject: Re: Exploring the Light Temple (Christmas Downtime)   Exploring the Light Temple (Christmas Downtime) Icon_minitimeWed Dec 24, 2008 12:14 pm

Setting:

The seal only flickers and dies once more.
Back to top Go down
chaos' apprentice

chaos' apprentice

PostSubject: Re: Exploring the Light Temple (Christmas Downtime)   Exploring the Light Temple (Christmas Downtime) Icon_minitimeWed Dec 24, 2008 12:29 pm

:: things weren't right, she focuses her attention onto the seal to look for any kind of illusion placed upon it. seeing no Illusion she stands and heads to the village elder's location::
Back to top Go down
Storyteller
Admin
Storyteller

PostSubject: Re: Exploring the Light Temple (Christmas Downtime)   Exploring the Light Temple (Christmas Downtime) Icon_minitimeWed Dec 24, 2008 12:32 pm

One of the Elders was sitting outside of her home, repairing a snare trap... She looks up when she sees Hesper coming, in human form her fingers are nimble and quick, She, like Una have a star burst in the middle of an otherwise wrinkly forehead. "Diana." The woman seemed mildly humored by something.

Last edited by Storyteller on Wed Dec 24, 2008 12:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
chaos' apprentice

chaos' apprentice

PostSubject: Re: Exploring the Light Temple (Christmas Downtime)   Exploring the Light Temple (Christmas Downtime) Icon_minitimeWed Dec 24, 2008 12:38 pm

:: her hand was bandaged before having arrived into town. looking at the older woman she smiles at her warmly:: Evening Elder. How are you this day?
Back to top Go down
Storyteller
Admin
Storyteller

PostSubject: Re: Exploring the Light Temple (Christmas Downtime)   Exploring the Light Temple (Christmas Downtime) Icon_minitimeWed Dec 24, 2008 12:41 pm

"Well Lady, the hunting is fair and no threats to our land. How went the tournament?" She looped another piece of leather around a strap to begin sewing it into place. "I heard it was very exciting.."
Back to top Go down
chaos' apprentice

chaos' apprentice

PostSubject: Re: Exploring the Light Temple (Christmas Downtime)   Exploring the Light Temple (Christmas Downtime) Icon_minitimeWed Dec 24, 2008 12:46 pm

It went well. It was everything after the tournament that was ... interesting.

:: there was no way she could even begin to explain everything that happened, since it was just way too much in such a short span, and she didn't want to bore the poor woman with details::

I was wondering what you could tell me about the temple here actually.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Exploring the Light Temple (Christmas Downtime)   Exploring the Light Temple (Christmas Downtime) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Exploring the Light Temple (Christmas Downtime)
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next