Harpeah: The Beginning
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Harpeah: The Beginning

Game information located at: http://clans.harpeah.com/

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Inside the Fortune Tellers Tent- Beginnings Thread.

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Storyteller
Admin
Storyteller

Inside the Fortune Tellers Tent- Beginnings Thread. Empty
PostSubject: Inside the Fortune Tellers Tent- Beginnings Thread.   Inside the Fortune Tellers Tent- Beginnings Thread. Icon_minitimeTue Nov 25, 2008 8:29 pm

The inside of the tent was dark, so dark that even Hespers innate glow didn't do much to pierce it. A woman was leaning on the edge of a table. She had one leather clad hip on the edge of the table, balancing against it while she twirled three orbs in her fingertips. "So... it's you.. that sort of figures.." She snorted, tossing her slightly pointed and elvish chin toward the enterance of the tent. "Well you can just dance right back out of here light-sib. I have no need of a seers sight, not when I'm blessed with my own." There was a sharp edge to her tone as she spoke.. and something familiar about her features.. about the eyes and the way the mouth quirked in some sort of hidden amusement mixed equally with pain.
Back to top Go down
http://clans.harpeah.com
chaos' apprentice

chaos' apprentice

PostSubject: Hes   Inside the Fortune Tellers Tent- Beginnings Thread. Icon_minitimeTue Nov 25, 2008 8:40 pm

:: she looks at her curiously, and confused::

Not everyone has the same abilities. Even I'm not as good as some, and what one person sees, another may not. Besides. :: she blushes slightly:: I don't normally .. "see" things that involve me. At least not accurately.

:: curiosity takes over:: Do I know you? And are you ok? :: she steps further inside. Her eyes scanning her for answers::
Back to top Go down
Storyteller
Admin
Storyteller

PostSubject: Re: Inside the Fortune Tellers Tent- Beginnings Thread.   Inside the Fortune Tellers Tent- Beginnings Thread. Icon_minitimeTue Nov 25, 2008 8:44 pm

She shifted, keeping most of her right side of her face in the shadows. "You know my brother, Light-Sib.. well, half brother." She spun the orbs faster in her fingers, each one throwing off shadows and some of her reflected light. "Your future... is constantly changing.. more then most peoples.. It's amazing you can see past your own nose to see another's future..." She glanced toward the door and then motioned with her free hand. The tent flap dropped back closed, the only light now came from Hesper.

"The future we were supposed to have, you and I, was destroyed by a man. Now we've shards that barely piece together to make a now, let alone a future.."
Back to top Go down
chaos' apprentice

chaos' apprentice

PostSubject: confused   Inside the Fortune Tellers Tent- Beginnings Thread. Icon_minitimeTue Nov 25, 2008 8:59 pm

The future is never set in stone. You of all people should know that. And if it changed, then perhaps it was ment to be changed, because things that aren't ment to change stay the same no matter the circumstances.

Perhaps the "Now" that we have is giving us a chance to make right, that which was wronged. Maybe together we can make a better "Tomorrow". Hope is the one thing that will never truely die after all. Dispite all odds. We just have to start from the outside of the puzzle and then fill it in. It'll be easier for everyone if we did.

:: her brow furrows as she watches the orbs, her voice sombers, in a way no one has ever heard before:: Things must change, for the betterment of all. Those without Hope will find it, I only hope, that only wise decisions will be made. :: she sighs softly and rubs her eyes, then looks at the woman again::

Are you a child of shadow? :: she speaks quietly, somberly and only slight curiosity displayed::
Back to top Go down
Storyteller
Admin
Storyteller

PostSubject: Re: Inside the Fortune Tellers Tent- Beginnings Thread.   Inside the Fortune Tellers Tent- Beginnings Thread. Icon_minitimeWed Nov 26, 2008 1:27 pm

"My Mother's blood flows strongest in my brother, but yes, I am a childe of shadow." She nursed her lower lip between her teeth after speaking of her mother. Not so much because of her thoughts of her mother, but because of the previous portions of the conversation. So like the Hesper that she had vague memories of, vague wispy things that always made her 'different'... She narrowed her gaze slightly and shook her head. "I doubt you could be any more vague, Hesper, then if you tried. No future is perfect, but I for one would perfer to know the evils of what I knew then evils I know nothing about." She deepened the look of unhappiness into a flatout scowl as she tucked her arms underneath her breasts and dug the hip against the table deeper into it. Centering herself in the now and not the what-should-of-been.
Back to top Go down
chaos' apprentice

chaos' apprentice

PostSubject: Re: Inside the Fortune Tellers Tent- Beginnings Thread.   Inside the Fortune Tellers Tent- Beginnings Thread. Icon_minitimeWed Nov 26, 2008 1:40 pm

:: Hesper somberly nods:: This way things could be changed, but if we all knew our futures, we'd never grow as people.

:: she slowly walks towards her, to let the woman get accustomed to her presence.::

With seers as strong as you, we can try to make sure that bad things don't happen to the people we love and care for. It's our job to protect them. I don't know about you, but I'm not a fighter. I can honestly say I'd give my life for strangers...

:: she stops in front of her and looks down sadly:: But I don't think I could kill, unless someone I loved was in danger. :: she looks up at her and into her eyes, she was a seer, she should know enough about Hesper to know what she'd do next, and if she was His sister, then she's older then she looks, and that was fine with her::

:: Hesper reaches up to cup her face:: I just hope that I never have to face that, and neither do you. :: she smiles warmly, though sadly, then leans forward to wrap her arms around her gently, almost mothering, giving her a bit of warmth as she does. And wispering quietly into her ear:: We are the future now, we have the ability to change it for good or bad. I know which side I will be on. And I hope you'll be by my side, along with your brother.
Back to top Go down
Storyteller
Admin
Storyteller

PostSubject: Re: Inside the Fortune Tellers Tent- Beginnings Thread.   Inside the Fortune Tellers Tent- Beginnings Thread. Icon_minitimeWed Nov 26, 2008 1:44 pm

As the fingers reached for her face, Kiera stepped back, moving away from the table, her dark eyes glowering in the darkness. "You always were an idealist... The world walkers are being driven mad by the voice of the planet. A planet that didn't have a voice before. The shadows have murmurs, voices where there never were any before. There's a new hunter, stallking prey under a mistress no one knows or understands. I may never have the child I was destined to have, and all you can say is we should be grateful and work toward a happier future?" She snorted and shook her head. "Pardon me if I don't jump on the happy wagon. Now, Light Sib, if you'll pardon me..."
Back to top Go down
chaos' apprentice

chaos' apprentice

PostSubject: Re: Inside the Fortune Tellers Tent- Beginnings Thread.   Inside the Fortune Tellers Tent- Beginnings Thread. Icon_minitimeWed Nov 26, 2008 2:06 pm

:: her voice and her face was still sad:: You are here to make money, hince this tent. Are you not?

:: She tosses a bag of coins onto the table:: Tell me everything you know, and we'll start there.

:: her voice is no nonsense even showing backbone and leadership capabilities::

Nothing is set in stone. Now lets start with what you know. Shall we?

:: she moves and sits in a chair and removes her cloak:: The man can be investigated. As can the voices. As for children...
:: she looks down somberly, then back up at her::
There has to be a way. But if you had a child in the future that was changed, then you should still be able to have that child. But I will start researching what I can to ensure that those that wish as you do, can and will be able to bear offspring. But keep in mind that the future that you saw, a future that was changed, can still happen if we're not careful. Lets try not to repeat the bad parts of that future and try working together. I wouldn't be surprised, if we didn't work together last time. So why not try it this time.

:: she smiles sadly but warmly again, then it's gone::

Now.

:: she holds the bag up, between 2 fingers::

I have time, and am willing to pay for your's.

:: she drops the bag back onto the table lightly. leans back in the chair, folds her hands into her lap and listens::

If you know anything about me. You know I keep my word. You tell me anything in confidence, it will stay as such. But complete honesty and the knowledge you have is all that I ask for at this time.

:: she sighs softly, like the old Hesper did often when thinking of her old duties as Grandmaster. " This time has to be different"::

Please.
Back to top Go down
Storyteller
Admin
Storyteller

PostSubject: Re: Inside the Fortune Tellers Tent- Beginnings Thread.   Inside the Fortune Tellers Tent- Beginnings Thread. Icon_minitimeWed Nov 26, 2008 2:32 pm

She hesitated, a good long moment before stepping forward n snatching the coins off the table. A quick finger flick through the bag before she put her hip back on the opposite side of the table. "What I know, some is just glimpses of what was supposed to happen. I was supposed to have a son begot by the love of my life, the man in the light tower. The creature that is currently installed there is not a man I'd ever consent to marry, or bear children by." She shook her head. "The hunter is a rumor, that spreads like the plague among the clans on the west coast of this contientant and through the summerlands. He's a myth, a legend, and the bodies he leaves behind are all to real."

"My paramour and my troubled youth which propelled My brother and I into the Shadow Court never appeared, until late in life. Already he sets to hunt us down.. but there's things I don't understand... Four heavenly kings rule with in the clans, and that shouldn't be. Yet everytime I try to gather information about them, my sources end up floating in the river.. even the most hardy are lost."

She paused, shaking her head. "People I know in my heart haven't come to life, others have taken their place and will not full their purpose.. Even when I look at you, Light-Sib, I do not see the man I was to marry reflected in your soul. Your Twin was never born, was he?... These things are disturbing to me.. I have flashes, glimpses of things that i know 'should' be, like my son, but are not... Nor do I understand if I should adopted a child, strong in shadow to assist me in bringing the players to the stage. You ask me for information, all I know.. but I know nothing but snippets of information. My brother also hunts for information, in his own way... And he chose not to kill the parents of a girl he would of loved, letting her be raised by them only to find out she dies as a child of a plague that she wouldn't of been there for had he not acted."

She motioned a hand. "This is not what it should be.. but the planet, It Speaks and says it must return to that path and it.. influences stronger then it used to..."
Back to top Go down
chaos' apprentice

chaos' apprentice

PostSubject: Re: Inside the Fortune Tellers Tent- Beginnings Thread.   Inside the Fortune Tellers Tent- Beginnings Thread. Icon_minitimeWed Nov 26, 2008 3:12 pm

:: her face sombers more as she looks down listening::

The man in the Light tower, was originally my brother? ::her brow furrows:: I don't know if I have a twin. He could easily have been hidden from me. But my parents are old, and I have other brothers and sisters. Just not a twin that I know of. I will have to meet with this... creature, for he could easily have been bespelled, and hidden. There are too many factors to take into consideration.

Besides, if he is not the man of your soul, then that man is out there to be found, by you. :: she smiles at her warmly:: Which would mean that, man you saw, isn't him.

I will have to explore more and learn more, is your paramour the hunter here? And is he out to harm you and your brother?

(Waits for answer)

Four heavenly kings? I will see what I can find out. :: looks down again, playing with the fingers of her gloves.::

(Pauses)

:: her heart wanted to ask about the girl mentioned that Nyx would have loved, and didn't kill her parents, only to have her die.... something was wrong with her she was about to cry, jealousy? pain? sadness for his loss? only confusion remained, she blinked away the tears and looked up at her again, the sadness echoed in her eyes:: Did he know it was her? Or did you tell him?
Back to top Go down
Storyteller
Admin
Storyteller

PostSubject: Re: Inside the Fortune Tellers Tent- Beginnings Thread.   Inside the Fortune Tellers Tent- Beginnings Thread. Icon_minitimeWed Nov 26, 2008 8:24 pm

"I know naught of the hunter, nor of the kings..." She ran a hand down the side of her face, rubbing it a moment. "I know that they exist, but other then that, it's all rumors and fairy stories about how if you walk wrong they'll find you..." She shook her head again. "Nay, my brother came back one day and was heart-sick.. Twas he who spoke of the girl who would of grown to been a woman with him, and instead died before she reached womanhood.. The guilt hangs on him even now."
Back to top Go down
chaos' apprentice

chaos' apprentice

PostSubject: Re: Inside the Fortune Tellers Tent- Beginnings Thread.   Inside the Fortune Tellers Tent- Beginnings Thread. Icon_minitimeWed Nov 26, 2008 8:49 pm

:: she leans forward her hands clasped together in her lap, as her bangs hide her eyes::

Then there is much I have to do. I'm going to need help. And you've already done a lot for me by telling me what you know, I won't risk you're life as well. I know I have no right to tell you to stay out of this, and away from any information about the Kings... but I do want you to drop this investigation. Even if you are one of the best people to find out anything, I want you safe. :: her voice grew quieter and quieter::

:: she stands and looks up at her seriously:: Is there anything else I should know? Names of possible allys or just more information? :: her shoulders square, her head held high as she puts her cloak back on::
Back to top Go down
Storyteller
Admin
Storyteller

PostSubject: Re: Inside the Fortune Tellers Tent- Beginnings Thread.   Inside the Fortune Tellers Tent- Beginnings Thread. Icon_minitimeWed Nov 26, 2008 9:05 pm

She lowered her gaze, and studied the ground, schooling her face. "No, You already know my brother, and he's the best person for me to point out to you. If he'll help- that'll be the question."
Back to top Go down
chaos' apprentice

chaos' apprentice

PostSubject: Re: Inside the Fortune Tellers Tent- Beginnings Thread.   Inside the Fortune Tellers Tent- Beginnings Thread. Icon_minitimeWed Nov 26, 2008 9:19 pm

:: while her gaze was lowered she quickly wiped her eyes from the unshed tears, then sighs::

Your clan is the best at what it does. Even I know this. :: her tone is soft and gentle:: I don't want you hurt. I know we just met... and I know it's not my place to tell you how to live your life or even tell you what to do. Especially since I know you'll probably do it anyways. :: she offers a slight smile, trying to hide her pain::

It was truely a pleasure seeing you again Kiera I hope we'll meet again. I hope you don't hate me. I know you're the one that brought this information to me. And now it seems like I'm taking over... but

But....

:: she turns towards the tent flap, her voice shaking slightly as she fights for control:: Someone will need to watch his back... not that he'll want the help.... Other then your grandfather.... you're all he has left.... :: wow dramatic much Hesper? geeze. her hands clench around her cloak. standing at the door:: For what it's worth... I think you'd be a great mom, even if you deside to adopt. Just make sure you survive to be one. :: she turns slightly and smiles warmly at her, a tear escapes as she turns quickly and heads out:: Good day, Sister of darkness. :: walks out::
Back to top Go down
Storyteller
Admin
Storyteller

PostSubject: Re: Inside the Fortune Tellers Tent- Beginnings Thread.   Inside the Fortune Tellers Tent- Beginnings Thread. Icon_minitimeWed Nov 26, 2008 9:58 pm

Kiera blinked... She hadn't meant.. oh hell.. and then right as she said that line about living, the vision hit her, and hit her hard... she had been meant to die.. Dead and her child.. She let her hands hit the table, slapping into it and digging her nails into the wood. Tears burned her visions.. had Nyx known? had he known of her death in that future? Hesper obviously had known.. She slid down the table, resting her forehead on the edge, on her knees. Shaken to the core by what her vision had wraught...
Back to top Go down
chaos' apprentice

chaos' apprentice

PostSubject: Re: Inside the Fortune Tellers Tent- Beginnings Thread.   Inside the Fortune Tellers Tent- Beginnings Thread. Icon_minitimeWed Nov 26, 2008 10:12 pm

:: Hesper stops at the door, keeping the flap closed, knowing how bad visions could get, and she was powerless to stop them. all she could do is wait and hope for the best::

:: while Kiera was distracted with the vision, Hesper quickly wipes all tears away, sniffing in the process. standing in the door to prevent entrance, and her from being disturbed. what ever painful event she was seeing, it was something she wanted to see. she said it herself, better to know, then not to know.

Hesper pokes her head out the door and calls to the nearest boy and hands him a gem::

Get me boiling water and you'll get another. Now go. And don't burn yourself in the process.
Back to top Go down
Storyteller
Admin
Storyteller

PostSubject: Re: Inside the Fortune Tellers Tent- Beginnings Thread.   Inside the Fortune Tellers Tent- Beginnings Thread. Icon_minitimeWed Nov 26, 2008 10:16 pm

The boy shot off and about two minutes later, while Kiera was still recovering from her vision, or at least, not moving from her fallen postion... It was a shadowy figure that reappeared with a elegant teaset. He paused to look at Hesper before sliding past her to set the teaset on the table. He moved to pick up Kiera and set her into a chair. He'd leave Hesper to make the tea as he soothed a large hand down her hair. He waited a few minutes and only if Hesper said nothing would he speak to break the heavy silence.
Back to top Go down
chaos' apprentice

chaos' apprentice

PostSubject: Re: Inside the Fortune Tellers Tent- Beginnings Thread.   Inside the Fortune Tellers Tent- Beginnings Thread. Icon_minitimeWed Nov 26, 2008 10:23 pm

:: she took the tea set... damn him for always being in the right place at the right time. she couldn't help but smile fondly, trying to hide her sadness behind at least an emotionless face, hopefully she could pull it off and be at least somewhat convincingly. she removed some herbs from one of the many pouches around her waist and mixed the calming mixture with a sigh. looking back every now and then at Kiera worried::

:: Hesper said nothing, she felt as if it was her fault, but couldn't leave her like this, even if she is safe with him. she gently sets the tea in front of her and moves to a darkened corner out of the way and dims her light, trying to avoid looking at him in the process::
Back to top Go down
Storyteller
Admin
Storyteller

PostSubject: Re: Inside the Fortune Tellers Tent- Beginnings Thread.   Inside the Fortune Tellers Tent- Beginnings Thread. Icon_minitimeThu Nov 27, 2008 1:53 am

"You act Guilty, Firefly..." Nyx contuined his adminstrations to Kiera's shoulders.. he murmured something in a low voice, promptly after his comment to Hesper.. it was obviously both a scold and a comfort rolled into one- just by tone alone. He raised his eyes to Hesper. "Though how you discovered the one tent our Clan erected to gather information and for safety sake is a bit beyond me..."

Kiera smiled weakly over to her and took the tea, holding it in hands that still trembled with the force of the vision. She patted Nyx's hand as well, taking his scold with faint relief.
Back to top Go down
chaos' apprentice

chaos' apprentice

PostSubject: Re: Inside the Fortune Tellers Tent- Beginnings Thread.   Inside the Fortune Tellers Tent- Beginnings Thread. Icon_minitimeThu Nov 27, 2008 8:39 am

:: her voice is quiet:: It was ment to be. :: she shrugs non nonchalantly::

I've learned a lot. :: she smiles warmly to Kiera:: And it seems there's a whole world more to learn. :: she winks at her. her face becomes somber again::

I'm sorry Kiera. I know how the sight works... but I...
:: wow Hesper at a loss for words... suddenly feeling awkward and a bit suffocated, mostly because of her own psyche. she rubs one of her temples with her fingers::

I'm sorry. I came for different information, and ended up totally side tracked. :: she blushes and turns her face away:: How are you feeling?:: she drops her hand looks at her thru her bangs, worried and pulls her cloak around herself tighter, petting the fur::
Back to top Go down
Storyteller
Admin
Storyteller

PostSubject: Re: Inside the Fortune Tellers Tent- Beginnings Thread.   Inside the Fortune Tellers Tent- Beginnings Thread. Icon_minitimeFri Dec 05, 2008 3:16 pm

"Better..I.." Kiera paused, lifting her head.. At the same time Nyx also looked toward the tent flap... It was a few moments later shouts about a portal opening reached the tent and Nyx vanished into shadows. Kiera stood up and looked over to Hesper. "That's not good."
Back to top Go down
chaos' apprentice

chaos' apprentice

PostSubject: Re: Inside the Fortune Tellers Tent- Beginnings Thread.   Inside the Fortune Tellers Tent- Beginnings Thread. Icon_minitimeFri Dec 05, 2008 3:23 pm

:: Hesper also looks towards the entrance, having been ordered to stay with Kiera, she never did listen, she looked worried at Kiera::

If you're going to be ok, I'll be right back. Please forgive me.

:: she smiles worriedly at her, obviously torn between staying with her, and keeping an eye on Nyx's back, as well as her curiosity getting the better of her, as she has to check out the opening portal::
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Inside the Fortune Tellers Tent- Beginnings Thread.   Inside the Fortune Tellers Tent- Beginnings Thread. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Inside the Fortune Tellers Tent- Beginnings Thread.
Page 1 of 1