Harpeah: The Beginning
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Harpeah: The Beginning

Game information located at: http://clans.harpeah.com/

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Camping or Cabin?

Go down 
+2
Leix
Storyteller
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Storyteller
Admin
Storyteller

Camping or Cabin? Empty
PostSubject: Camping or Cabin?   Camping or Cabin? Icon_minitimeSun Aug 31, 2008 1:17 pm

So we've been throwing around ideas on what to do.

Camping is more flexible for everyone, because we can get a site, and everyone can be responsible for getting their own-selves a place to crash... or we can all pitch in X ammount of dollars and I'll get someone to personally coordinate /help me figure out how to squish everyone into availble tents and how many we'll have to buy to help balance the place. I'm thinking this is going to run most people 60-80 dollars for the weekend (Give or take- this also depends on location. Some places have a site fee that's very very small... others not so small.)

The cabin will have more modern acccessories. It also be under someone's name so we'll have a designated "Cabin Nazi" who will make sure nothing goes haywire, wonky or sad.. We need a commited count a 'lot' sooner then if we did the camping thing, and it's going to be more expensive. 90 something just for the pitch in for rent (for the weekend) and 60 something for food.

Either way I'm going to need communication on what we're going to do, and who can help with what. I am personally leaning on Camping. Camping will make it so we're all, litterally, on even ground.. This game takes place in a "medevial" or "HIgh Fantasy" type arena, and having surrondings and living spaces that 'match' that sort of life with quick soree's into the city for supplies, real toilets and baths. If we throw in a bit of extra money we can get a hotel room nearish the campsite so that people with health problems can use it, as well as having a place for "speed showers."

So.. on this issue can we get some discussion? Smile
Back to top Go down
http://clans.harpeah.com
Leix

Leix

Camping or Cabin? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Camping or Cabin?   Camping or Cabin? Icon_minitimeSun Aug 31, 2008 7:48 pm

My opinion is... If there is going to be an issue concerning cabin nazi's, the best thing would be to do the camping scene with the hotel room so we can shower, bathroom breaks etc. whoever wants to not sleep out in the open because of certain things can pay for most of the hotel and the rest who will be using the shower and toilet etc can pay a small percentage of it. so it wont be abusive.

I would honestly Preff. a Cabin but I'm fine with the camping (hotel on the side if necessary)
Back to top Go down
Lucian Stone

Camping or Cabin? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Camping or Cabin?   Camping or Cabin? Icon_minitimeMon Sep 15, 2008 2:31 pm

I would rather camp, though I'm still not sure if I can get time off. However I am used to camping and doing the larp thing.

open pit fires and cookouts over them, nothing like it
Back to top Go down
Storyteller
Admin
Storyteller

Camping or Cabin? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Camping or Cabin?   Camping or Cabin? Icon_minitimeMon Sep 15, 2008 2:39 pm

Regarding the weekend.

I really feel iffy about the thing, I think we'll definately do a camping trip or whatever, but as it's becoming iffy if .. well half the signed up or interested players can come out or not... we'll probably do like a side scene or something weekend but do the finale-online so everyone can participate. : P

^.^ We'll see as time progresses!
Back to top Go down
Aielwyn

Aielwyn

Camping or Cabin? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Camping or Cabin?   Camping or Cabin? Icon_minitimeTue Sep 16, 2008 9:57 pm

I'm up for camping - it's been a long time since I've been able to.

Otherwise, I can do as I did last year and get the cabin or at least see if the guy I rented from will know of any other places.
Back to top Go down
Kruse Rolic Crow

Kruse Rolic Crow

Camping or Cabin? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Camping or Cabin?   Camping or Cabin? Icon_minitimeTue Sep 30, 2008 11:43 pm

I'd be up for camping. I happen to have had lots of experience with it, being that my entire family does it on a yearly bases. And I have a vehicle that can transport lots of supplies as well as 2 large tents and 2 smaller tents and all sorts of camping utensils.

Really though, I'm good either way and I'll help however I can.
Back to top Go down
Lena The Water Elf

Lena The Water Elf

Camping or Cabin? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Camping or Cabin?   Camping or Cabin? Icon_minitimeMon Oct 06, 2008 9:14 am

I'd prefer camping. I haven't been camping in a while and I miss it. besides I know how to pitch tents ^_^
Back to top Go down
Storyteller
Admin
Storyteller

Camping or Cabin? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Camping or Cabin?   Camping or Cabin? Icon_minitimeMon Oct 06, 2008 10:11 am

LOL well since like.. pretty much everyone who said they're going to play has said.. "we want camping"... It sounds like no matter what we'll be going camping.

^.^
Back to top Go down
Aielwyn

Aielwyn

Camping or Cabin? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Camping or Cabin?   Camping or Cabin? Icon_minitimeMon Oct 06, 2008 5:19 pm

WaterPrincess wrote:
I'd prefer camping. I haven't been camping in a while and I miss it. besides I know how to pitch tents ^_^

That made me lol. Nice.

As a just in case, all, I'll still be getting a pair of rooms - one for the boys and one for the girls. As it gets closer to the date range we've played around with, I'll make things more concrete and let you know how to check in. Smile
Back to top Go down
Lena The Water Elf

Lena The Water Elf

Camping or Cabin? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Camping or Cabin?   Camping or Cabin? Icon_minitimeMon Oct 06, 2008 8:34 pm

well I'm happy I could make you lol ^_^
but all sounds cool to me ^_^
Back to top Go down
Aielwyn

Aielwyn

Camping or Cabin? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Camping or Cabin?   Camping or Cabin? Icon_minitimeMon Oct 06, 2008 8:43 pm

WaterPrincess wrote:
well I'm happy I could make you lol ^_^
but all sounds cool to me ^_^

You did - I had to explain it to our beloved ST Very Happy

Does anyone else have any feedback for the duelling hotel rooms for boys and girls who go that route as a just-in-case?

We were IMing back and forth a bit tonight about where to camp and she came up with a nice campground out in Azusa ( http://www.campwilliams.com/camping/index.html ). I had tossed out the idea to her for Joshua Tree as well, since it's quasi remote and we can be as loud as we want without being a disturbance to other people in the area.

And well, if they want to complain, I have a silver pass of gtfo. Here's something everyone needs to be aware of. Even off-duty, I carry my gun. It will be with me that weekend and secured in my car. I kinda have to keep it with me - it's the law.

Okay.. now I'm rambling. Go go 2 hours of sleep. But, I did arrest 60 out of like 68 guys for parole violations who were all sex offenders.. but god paperwork sucks.

Night all Smile
Back to top Go down
Kruse Rolic Crow

Kruse Rolic Crow

Camping or Cabin? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Camping or Cabin?   Camping or Cabin? Icon_minitimeThu Oct 09, 2008 12:05 am

I have a little more insight as to what we might want to do. If we have a large group going than camping would be our best bet and if that's true then it was suggested to me that this would be our following actions:
1: Decide when we would be going as this would determine where we should go, we don't want to end up camping in the desert during August right? Smile
2: Once when is decided, we would have to decide where to got while keeping in mind what everyone needs or wants, like hotel rooms and what not.
Also, a time would be more like a time period not a set date. Now if we don't have that many people going or if most of the people going just want a hotel room, then our best bet would be a cabin. Again though, we would need to decide when and where. Anyway, this is the adviece given to me but an extremely experianced camper.
Again, I'm good either way and I'll help however I can.
Back to top Go down
Storyteller
Admin
Storyteller

Camping or Cabin? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Camping or Cabin?   Camping or Cabin? Icon_minitimeThu Oct 09, 2008 6:44 pm

Beloved ST.. Man you haven't started your tutorial yet huh? Razz

Alright.. well just to clarify from where the ST's sitting on stuff..

The dates we were aiming for (Originally) was March 26ish - 29th (Thursday-Sunday) because that's spring break for Erika and I and it was giving us about six months to save up money and well, you know, get groovy.

There are a multitide of reasons why I chose something closer (..perverbally) then say big bear. And thats simply a matter logisitics.. we have some people (HOPEFULLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!) coming in from out of state, and in some cases, across country. I am one woman. With one car. One. PIECE OF SHIT. Car. That will hopefully 'last' long enough for us to do this. And if I need to be availible to take people from airport to location and back n forth.. My poor POS car will probably threaten to die. As KC (Should she ever get her cute self on this damn board) can attest to.. my car at 3 adults squeals like a dying pig on the road.

It was made that way. It's fucking annoying as hell.

In addition - I'm going to be wanting to bring Liam with me. (No worries, he knows Guns are bad bad bad not-toys and swords are likewise, not play things.. He's very very growed up. And Erika-hime is going to help me keep an eyeball on him. ) This is because of two reasons. 1 ) at six I would like my son to see his ole mom in action. and Clans was never meant to exclude kids if there were parents playing.. Even at 13 that was not a rule I included in my games. 2) My parents are physically unable to care for my son for longer then an hour or two at this point. (sigh) and can barely take care of themselves. I can't trust them to keep my kiddo occupied.

So it boils down to I'd just be more comfortable in a sort of area I'm semi-comfortable with and that if we needed to it's not so far from civilization that if something happens it's not a crisis or something.

Perhaps that also comes from the fact your brave, intreipd and somewhat silly ST has never gone camping outside of.. "camp" ... Always been interested, never did it. Razz And I happen to be a bit more comfortable with the mountians then the desert. (Though I hear Joshua tree is beautiful.)

I'm also trying to be considerate of those who have to drive more then 2-3 hours to get to the locations. Getting everyone up to BigBear was just a bit challenging last time. Smile

now obviously, if anyone has different ideas.. interpations, mansions not being used that we can crash into for our game (lol) then I'm all for it. However as I'm working with what we got, I think that camping might be best because then it's more on some individual's head if something goes wrong for that one person then one person taking the blame for 'all' of the crisises happening. Smile

I don't know how large the game is going to get either. It's entirely possible that the.. 10 odd people who have joined /or have character sheets in process will be our game, and Matt (Walker) has already said he can't go to the weekend Fete. (PUNK!!!) Chris and Kit also have travel-commitment crap they have to deal with to come out and that includes money. :/ SO we'll see.

We may end up running the camp game- instead of as a "Finale" as a sort of .. "Quest" or something that 'adds' to the game (and may finish it in some ways) but not the end all be all for those poor hapless souls who can't come out. (I don't believe in punishments.)

Again, I'm looking at the big picture and seeing who we are getting. I'm very proud to say that we do have 1 of 'every' core element at this point. That's freaking awesome and should help keep the game slightly balanced. Smile

okay to wrap up this long ass fucking post of Doom..

Dates: March 26-29 (Thursday Pregame-Fun, for those traveling long distances to come out here) Friday-Saturday night game's on, and then sunday wrap up, numbers exchanged, sleeping in because we're so exhausted it's amazing we can move.. that kind of thing!

Location: STill TBA. I'm leaning on Camping, as John posted that's the campsite i'm leaning on.

Smile

Coool? Cool.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Camping or Cabin? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Camping or Cabin?   Camping or Cabin? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Camping or Cabin?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Harpeah: The Beginning :: Out of Character :: Characters Wanted-